Chevrolet Traverse Wheelchair Accessible SUV by BraunAbility
BraunAbility was the conversion manufacturer who debuted the first wheelchair accessible SUV. That was the Ford Explorer MXV. While this accessible SUV had a special place throughout the mobility vehicle market as a minivan alternative, it proved to have its limitations. The wheelchair ramp and interior space made it difficult for many users of power chairs to fit with comfort and ease. Despite having its place for many users, the vehicle just didn’t appeal to the majority, and so in 2019, BraunAbility made the choice to discontinue production of the Ford MXV.
Knowing that customers would still be looking for a minivan alternative, BraunAbility knew they would need to offer something similar, but improved. A replacement that would afford an opportunity for individuals in larger wheelchairs to own his type of accessible vehicle. Now, that can happen with the Chevrolet Traverse MXV wheelchair accessible SUV from BraunAbility.
This first from BraunAbility is larger inside and out, and more accessible than its predecessor, the Ford Explorer MXV. The conversion process on the Chevrolet Traverse has increased the interior space by 46% compared to the Explorer, and offers a wider door opening and ramp for those in larger wheelchairs. Finally, a wheelchair accessible SUV as a minivan alternative for nearly everyone!
Standard Features Include:
- – Power, lighted, in-floor ramp system
- – Larger cabin space and maneuverability
- – Sliding gear shifter for additional space adjustments
- – 3rd row seating with footrest
- – Driver side fuel door
- – Sliding side-door operation
- – Removable front seating with removable cup holders
- – 3.6L V-6 engine
- – Integrated towing hitch
- – 360-degree backup camera
- – And much more...
|Door opening usable width||30.5”|
|Door opening usable height - middle of door||54.5″|
|Interior height at center of vehicle||58.5″|
|Interior height at driver and passenger position||58″|
|Ramp width - usable clear opening||30.25″|
|Ramp angle - with vehicle kneeled*||8.5°|
|Interior floor-length - behind front seat strikers||57″|
|Overall interior floor-length - flat area||89″|
|Interior width at passenger doors - doors closed||64.75″|
|Interior width at B-pillars||57″|
|Ramp capacity||1,000 lbs.|
* Ramp angle is subject to a 1.5-degree variance based on chassis trim level selected and other environmental factors. All measurements based on 250 lbs. approximated wheelchair passenger load at the center of the ramp.